Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance for those travelling to the North Sea coast should be available at normal terms with most standard insurance providers.
Oil rig workers and those working on renewable energy farms based in the North Sea, may have access to standard terms for Life Insurance, depending upon your working tasks. Fishermen based in the North Sea will probably find Life Insurance at normal terms, but this will be dependent upon the types of vessels that you use.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
When you travel to the North Sea coast on holiday there should be little impact upon your Critical Illness Insurance application, with normal terms likely to be available.
Critical Illness Cover for those working in the North Sea may be available at normal terms on the standard insurance market. Insurers will look at your occupation and duties before offering cover and so long as there is nothing especially hazardous linked to your role, standard terms could be available.
You will need to place your application for Critical illness Cover with an insurer who can look at offshore workers favourably.
Income Protection for those travelling to areas along the North Sea is likely to be available at standard terms with most insurance providers.
Workers in the North Sea can typically expect to be offered normal terms on their Income Protection however cover must be placed with a provider who is able to cover offshore workers. If your occupation is considered to be of a high risk nature, it is possible that the terms offered for Income Protection will be non-standard.
When you apply for Income Protection it is important that you try to secure a policy on an ‘own occupation’ basis. This will give you the strongest claims definition if you are unable to work due to ill health, with successful claims being based upon the inability for you to do your specific occupation.
- Primary Concerns: Environmental factors
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Hamburg, Germany; Bergen, Scandinavia; Den Helder, Netherlands; Zeebrugge, Belgium; Calais, France; Aberdeen, UK
Are you planning on holidaying at the North Sea coast? We work alongside a specialist insurance company that can provide comprehensive travel insurance for most countries. Request your no obligation quotation here.
- Because of the strong winds, surfing, windsurfing and sailing are all popular sports along the North Sea coast.
- During the 19th Century, visitors flocked to the North Sea coast to benefit from the sea air, sunshine, temperatures, wind and water to help improve circulation, the body’s defences and respiratory problems to name a few.
- The largest ever documented earthquake in the UK was recorded in 1931, measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale, and causing a mini tsunami which flooded parts of the British coastline. Interesting for our team, Filey was the worst hit town with a church spire twisted by the tremor.
By clicking on the link(s) above you will be departing from the regulatory site of Special Risks Bureau. The Special Risks Bureau (Cura Financial Services) is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site(s).
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!