Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to the North Sea coast should be available at normal terms with most standard insurance providers.
Our advisers will check this for you by asking:
- When will you be travelling to the North Sea?
- Are you going to the North Sea region for work or a holiday?
- How long will you be in the North Sea area?
Most holidays of less than 30 days will cause no concern to insurers and life insurance is likely to be offered at normal terms. This means no price increase or exclusions related to your travel.
Oil rig workers and people working on renewable energy farms based in the North Sea, may be able to access standard terms for life insurance. This will depend upon the specific duties of your job while you are offshore.
Fishermen based in the North Sea will probably find life insurance at normal terms, but this will be dependent upon the types of vessels that you use.
Our advisers will find the best life insurance for you, to financially protect your loved ones if you pass away.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
When you travel to the North Sea coast on holiday there should be little impact upon your critical illness insurance application. You should be able to get normal terms of cover with most UK insurers.
Critical illness cover for people working in the North Sea may be available at normal terms on the standard insurance market. Insurers will look at your occupation and duties before offering cover and so long as there is nothing high risk about your role, standard terms could be available.
You will need to place your application for critical illness cover with an insurer who can look at offshore workers favourably.
Our advisers have years of experience in finding the right critical illness cover to match you and your needs.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Income protection for people travelling to areas along the North Sea is likely to be available at standard terms with most insurance providers.
Workers in the North Sea can potentially get normal terms on their income protection. Your application must be placed with a provider who is able to cover offshore workers. If your occupation is considered to be quite high risk, it is possible that the terms offered for income protection will be non-standard. This would most likely be a premium increase, not all insurers will do this and research is absolutely key in getting the right cover for you.
Our advisers will make sure that you get the best terms for income protection, so that you can have peace of mind about your financial future.
- Primary Concerns: Environmental factors
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Hamburg, Germany; Bergen, Scandinavia; Den Helder, Netherlands; Zeebrugge, Belgium; Calais, France; Aberdeen, UK
- Because of the strong winds, surfing, windsurfing and sailing are all popular sports along the North Sea coast.
- During the 19th Century, visitors flocked to the North Sea coast to benefit from the sea air, sunshine, temperatures, wind and water to help improve circulation, the body’s defences and respiratory problems to name a few.
- The largest ever documented earthquake in the UK was recorded in 1931, measuring 6.1 on the Richter scale, and causing a mini tsunami which flooded parts of the British coastline. Interesting for our team, Filey was the worst hit town with a church spire twisted by the tremor.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Mark on 28th March 2022
“5 star service. Excellent service. Extremely helpful and informative.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you