Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
When you plan on travelling to America for a holiday it is likely that your life insurance will be accepted at normal terms. This means you should be able to get life insurance at the standard premiums.
Our advisers will ask you:
- When are you travelling to America?
- How long will you be in the USA for?
- Are you going to the USA for a holiday or work?
Usually if you are going to America for less than 30 days for a holiday or 1 week for work, then you should be able to get life insurance at normal terms.
If you are going to the USA for longer periods of time it’s important to make sure that your life insurance will do what you want it to do. There are some specific rules and regulations about UK life insurance and people based in North America.
Our advisers will check your specific circumstances and make sure that you get the best life insurance possible.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are however specific rules in place about arranging life insurance in the UK for people that are resident in the US.
We are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to the USA for short periods of time should also be offered at standard terms in the majority of cases. Short in the insurance world usually means less than 30 days for a holiday, or no more than a week for work.
When you plan to travel to America for extended periods of time, your application for critical illness cover may need to be placed with a specific insurer that can accept your application.
Our advisers will find the right critical illness policy to match you and your travel.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Applying for income protection when you are travelling to the USA should be a pretty straight forward. For short holidays and business trips it’s quite likely that you will get normal terms for income protection.
If you are going to be in the USA for a long time or quite often, the insurer could ask you specific details about your job duties and the exact locations that you will be staying.
Our expert advisers will find the right income protection policy to match your travel.
The USA has a rich multi-cultural background that can offer anything from the glitz and glamour of Hollywood and Las Vegas, through to the mainly untouched natural environments of the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park. It is hugely influential in the world, given that it is one of the largest countries in the world based on land area and population, and is one of the world’s largest economies.
- Primary Concerns: General public, terrorism, environmental factors
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, Seattle, California, Disneyland
- The first man to walk on the moon was the American Neil Armstrong.
- The Museum of Modern Art, “The Met”, in New York has 17 acres of galleries.
- Death Valley in California is the hottest place in the world.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 734 reviews.
Review by Claudette on 10th December 2021
“Great team and made things easy to understand.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you