Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Travel to Ukraine at the moment is something that life insurance providers are asking about. With the current war in Ukraine travel to the country is seen as high risk.
Our advisers will ask you:
- When are you travelling to Ukraine?
- Why are you travelling to Ukraine?
- How long will you be in Ukraine for?
Arranging life insurance for people travelling to Ukraine is not going to be completely straightforward at this time.
If you are travelling to the Ukraine for a short trip you might be able to arrange life insurance with some insurers, but this will most likely need to be with a specialist insurer.
Our advisers will discuss your circumstances and give you a clear understanding of what life insurance policies you can have.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to the Ukraine will need to be specifically researched due to the current war.
Options for critical illness cover will be quite restricted at this time and are likely to either be quite costly or have exclusions.
Our advisers will talk you through the options that you can access.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
If you want income protection travel to the Ukraine is likely to affect the options you can have.
Your income protection application will likely need to detail your exact destination in Ukraine and potentially your travel routes whilst there. Your application will be individually assessed to see if the insurer can offer you income protection.
Our advisers will search the market for you and make sure that you have a clear understanding of ways to protect your income.
The Ukraine borders Russia, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, and the Black Sea. Ukraine is rich in natural resources such as oil, gas, coal, titanium and timber.
- Primary Concerns: Civil war, general public, terrorism
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Kiev, Odessa, Carpathian Mountains
- “Carol of the Bells”, a famous Christmas song, is actually based on an old Ukranian folk song. It has been used many times in film and TV soundtracks – think Macauley Culkin meeting his old neighbour in the church in “Home Alone” towards the end of the film.
- What do Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong have in common with Ukraine? They sang the world-renowned song Summertime, which is inspired by a Ukrainian lullaby. The song was written by George Gerschwin, whose parents were from Odessa, Ukraine.
- O Sole Mio was composed in Odessa by Eduardo di Capua in April 1898. He was inspired by travelling around Crimea with his father.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Nicola on 23rd July 2020
“The service we received from Cura was exemplary. The assistance given was professional, friendly and always efficiently done. Frequent personal updates were frequent throughout the process. Can only highly recommend.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you