Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Travel to South Africa will often have little affect on your life insurance application. To find the best life insurance for you it’s important to know if you are travelling to South Africa for work or a holiday.
Our advisers will ask you:
- When are you travelling to South Africa?
- Are you going to South Africa for a holiday or business trip?
- How long will you be in South Africa for?
Life insurance may be available at normal terms if your trip is for less than 30 days. Insurers usually see holidays of less 30 days as not being an issue when you apply for life insurance.
If you are going to be in South Africa for longer than this or a work trip longer than 7 days, the insurer might ask you a few more questions. They might ask for details about the exact location that you are travelling to.
Our advisers will find you the best life insurance policy to match your travel.
Offshore workers travelling to South Africa will find our dedicated occupation page useful to read.
It is worth noting that if you have spent a lot of time in South Africa in the last 5 years, then insurers may ask you to complete a HIV test as part of your life insurance application.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover may be available to you at normal terms, depending upon how long you will be in South Africa for.
For journeys of less than 30 days you will quite likely be able to get critical illness cover at standard terms.
If your journey is set to be longer than 30 days, or you will be frequently out of the UK in the next year, it will be important to find an insurer that can support your travel.
Our experienced advisers will find the right policy to match your needs.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Income protection for people travelling to South Africa may be available at normal terms if your visit is for less than 30 days and is to a low risk destination.
The insurer will want to know if travel abroad is a part of your work, and what your working tasks will be when you are there.
Our advisers will let you know what insurances are available to protect your income.
South Africa is the southernmost country in Africa that has a richly diverse environment. It is a popular holiday destination due to it’s hot climate and wildlife.
- Primary Concerns: Terrorism, civil unrest, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Pretoria
- There are more than 2000 shipwrecks off the South African coast, most dating back at least 500 years.
- South Africa has three capital cities: Pretoria is the Executive Capital, Cape Town the Legislative Capital and Bloemfontein the judicial Capital.
- South Africa is host to a UNESCO World Heritage Site: the oldest meteor scar in the world.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
- Life Insurance: Foreign Travel
- Travel and Insurance
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Eleanor on 27th July 2022
“Recommend without hesitation. This was the second time I have asked Kathryn and her team to organise my life insurance. It wasn't quite as straight forward as I hoped (issues at the insurers end) but Kathryn and her team were always quick and helpful responding to any queries I had. The team are all friendly and professional. Highly recommended.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you