Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance for those travelling to Somalia will need to be placed with a specialist insurer who may be able to consider the application. The insurer will want to know specific details such as how long you intend to stay in Somalia, the purpose of your visit and how often you plan to travel to the country in the next year. Due to the risk that is presented by travelling to the country your Life Insurance application will need to be assessed on an individual basis and it is not possible to indicate the terms of cover you will receive. You may find that your application for Life Insurance is declined until you stop travelling to Somalia. It is possible that the insurer will ask you to submit to a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have been to Somalia in the past, before they offer terms of cover.
Offshore workers travelling to Somalia for their work will find the dedicated occupation section useful here.
The following guides and infographics also provide an initial overview of a number of factors that will be considered when you apply for insurance.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
When you are planning to travel to Somalia applications for Critical Illness Cover will also need to be placed with a specialist insurer. You should have to hand details including the duration of your stay, the frequency of your travel to the country and the reason that you are travelling to Somalia. The insurer will review your application on an individual basis at which point provisional terms of cover will be provided; it is possible that the insurer may not offer you terms of cover until you stop travelling to Somalia. The insurance provider will ask you to undergo Hepatitis and HIV tests if you have travelled to Somalia before.
Income Protection for those travelling Somalia should be placed with a specialist insurer who can consider the application. The insurer will want to know if your travel to the country is related to your occupation and if so how long and often you will be required to visit Somalia in the next year. The insurance provider will then take these details and individually assess your case based upon the risk factors at the time of underwriting to provide you terms of cover; as above, the insurer may decide that they cannot offer you an Income Protection policy until you cease travelling to Somalia. As with the above insurances the insurer is likely to ask you to submit to a Hepatitis and HIV test before they consider your application in full.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Mogadishu
Somalia is an oil rich country in East Africa. There is currently high political and civil volatility in the country.
- Olympian Mo Farah was born in Somalia.
- The Indian Ocean is almost six times the size of the United States of America.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you