Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Somalia might need to be placed with a specific insurer to make sure that you get the best terms possible.
Our advisers will ask you:
- Why are you travelling to Somalia?
- How long will you be in Somalia for?
- When are you going to Somalia?
The insurer will want to know specific details such as how long you intend to stay in Somalia, the purpose of your visit and how often you plan to travel to the country in the next year.
A short stay of less than 30 days for a holiday or less than a week for work, will often be fine for your life insurance application. Stays for longer than this will need to be clearly researched to make sure that you get the best life insurance terms possible.
It is possible that some insurers will ask you to take a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have been to Somalia in the past, before they offer terms of cover.
Our advisers are here to provide you with a no obligation quotation.
Offshore workers travelling to Somalia for their work will find the dedicated occupation section useful.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
When you are planning to travel to Somalia applications for critical illness cover could be accepted at normal or special terms, depending upon a few factors.
It’s best to have to hand details about the duration of your stay, how often you will there and the reason that you are travelling to Somalia.
Our advisers will research the insurance market and clearly go through the critical illness options available to you.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Income protection for people travelling Somalia might need to be placed with a specialist insurer who can consider the application. This is most likely if you are going to be there for more than 30 days at a time, or frequently throughout the year.
The insurer will want to know if your travel to the country is related to your occupation and they might ask for the exact location.
The insurance provider will then take these details and individually assess your application.
Our advisers will find the options available to you for income protection, based upon your personal needs.
Somalia is an oil rich country in East Africa. There is currently high political and civil volatility in the country.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Mogadishu
- Olympian Mo Farah was born in Somalia.
- The Indian Ocean is almost six times the size of the United States of America.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
- Life Insurance: Foreign Travel
- Travel and Insurance
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Andrew on 5th October 2021
“Great service. Very happy with the service provided from start to finish so stress free and made to feel very relaxed all the way through the process.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you