Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Arranging life insurance when you are travelling to Russia, will need to be carefully researched at the current time.
Our advisers will ask you:
- Why are you travelling to Russia?
- When you are travelling to Russia?
- How long will you be in Russia for?
Travel to Russia is seen as very high risk at the moment for life insurance. Your application will need to be researched carefully to make sure that your life insurance can support your travel.
Our advisers will go through your life insurance options with you, so that you can make an informed decision about what is available to you. With the current financial sanctions placed upon Russia getting life insurance can be quite restricted.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
When you apply for critical illness cover travel to Russia is likely to come up on the application question set.
With the current war in Russia arranging critical illness cover can be quite tricky. Research of the insurance market is essential to find out if critical illness cover is available to you.
Financial sanctions placed upon Russia, the reason for your trip and how long you will be there for, will all determine your options for critical illness cover.
Our advisers are there to give you a clear understanding of what insurance you can arrange.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
When you apply for income protection the insurance provider will want to know about any future travel that you intend to take.
With the current financial sanctions placed upon Russia, arranging an income protection policy can be trickier.
Our advisers will check your circumstances and let you know what insurances you can access.
Russia is the largest country in the world, covering two continents (Europe and Asia), 11 time zones and bordering 16 countries, both land and sea. Either arriving there directly or by the world renowned Trans-Siberian Railway, Moscow and St Petersburg are the two main tourist destinations. Russia is one the world’s biggest oil and gas producers.
- Primary Concerns: General public, terrorism
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Moscow, St Petersburg, Sochi, Black Sea Coast
- Smiling at strangers is frowned upon (pun intended). Russians like to get to know you first before smiling commences. At this point, they will be very welcoming and kind.
- Mind your head when going to Moscow in winter. Paths can be cordoned off if icicles loom overhead – they are so big, that they could do serious damage, or kill you, if they were to fall.
- Russians pickle everything including former leaders. Never mind cucumber or beetroot, you can find Lenin preserved well in a tomb in Red Square.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Dominic on 11th November 2021
“Fantastic very helpful. Really helpful and accommodating.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you