Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
When you are planning on travelling to Russia and need Life Insurance, the insurer you approach will want to know the length of time that you will be in the country for. For trips of less than 30 days you will likely be able to secure Life Insurance at normal terms.
If you are planning to travel to Russia for more than 30 days, the insurer will want to know the purpose of your journey, how long you intend to stay in the country and possibly the exact destinations that you will be visiting. You may still have access to normal terms of cover, but depending upon the length of time and/or your destination, Life Insurance may be offered at non-standard terms (price increase) or declined by standard insurance providers. You may find that you need to approach specialist Life Insurance providers who can consider your application on a case by case basis.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
As with Life Insurance, if you are planning to go to Russia for less than 30 days, standard terms should be available from some insurance providers.
If you require Critical Illness Cover and will be in Russia for more than 30 days you are likely to find that the insurer you approach will want more details of your journey. You could be asked if the trip is for leisure or work purposes, the destinations that you will visit, how often you will be in the country per trip and over the duration of a year. Depending upon the locations that you visit Critical Illness Cover could be available at anywhere from normal terms through to a decline.
When you apply for Income Protection the insurance provider will want to know about any future travel that you intend to take. The insurer will be particularly interested in any foreign travel that is required by your job, specifically the locations that you will be visiting and the duration of your time outside of the UK. If you are travelling for less than 30 consecutive days to Russia at any one time, and are out of the country for less than six months per year, you could have access to normal terms for Income Protection.
For those who will be travelling to Russia for more than 30 days at a time, you may find that you need to approach a specialist insurer for the cover. When arranging Income Protection insurance you should ideally be looking to secure a policy on an ‘own occupation’ definition, that provides the strongest claims criteria if you are unable to work due to ill health.
- Primary Concerns: General public, terrorism
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Moscow, St Petersburg, Sochi, Black Sea Coast
Russia is the largest country in the world, covering two continents (Europe and Asia), 11 time zones and bordering 16 countries, both land and sea. Either arriving there directly or by the world renowned Trans-Siberian Railway, Moscow and St Petersburg are the two main tourist destinations. Russia is one the world’s biggest oil and gas producers.
- Smiling at strangers is frowned upon (pun intended). Russians like to get to know you first before smiling commences. At this point, they will be very welcoming and kind.
- Mind your head when going to Moscow in winter. Paths can be cordoned off if icicles loom overhead – they are so big, that they could do serious damage, or kill you, if they were to fall.
- Russians pickle everything including former leaders. Never mind cucumber or beetroot, you can find Lenin preserved well in a tomb in Red Square.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!