Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Oman may be available at standard terms with some insurers.
To find the life insurance policy for you our advisers will ask:
- When will you be travelling to Oman?
- How long will you be in Oman for?
- Are you going to Oman for work, a holiday or to visit family?
For a short holiday your travel to Oman could be absolutely fine with the some insurers and you might get life insurance at normal terms. This means no price increase or exclusion based upon you travel.
If you are going to Oman for more than 30 days at a time or for work, then the insurer might ask you more about your trip. They might ask what you are going to be doing whilst there and the exact location when you stay there.
Some insurers might increase your life insurance premiums because of your travel. Our advisers will find the best option for life insurance for you, to protect your loved ones.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for someone travelling to Oman may be available at normal terms provided that it’s a short-term trip. In the insurance world a short trip is usually less than days for holiday, or less than 7 days for work.
You might need to detail the purpose of your travel to Oman and some more details if your time there will be longer than this.
Our advisers will find you the best critical illness contract to match your travel.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
People travelling to Oman may be able to arrange income protection at standard terms if their stay in the country is short-term. The insurer will be particularly interested if your stay is related to your occupation.
Your income protection application will need to detail the length of time that you will spend in Oman and how many trips you plan to make to the country in the next year.
Our advisers will go through all the technical jargon for you to make sure that your income protection policy will do what you need it to do.
Oman is a country located on the Arabia Peninsula that has significant historical sites and beautiful coastline to be explored. Fishing and oil are core aspects of the country’s economy.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Muscat, Nizwa, Al Ain, Salalah, Sohar, Ras al-Jinz
- Staple foods include biryani and shwarma.
- Oman is home to five species of turtle: Green Turtle, Loggerhead turtle, Hawksbill Turtle, Olive Ridley Turtle and the Leatherback Turtle.
- Dhofar has rich marine life and if you go diving here you are likely to be rewarded with the sights of parrotfish, turtles, rays and moray eels.
We have also produced a number of guides and infographics to give a clear indication of the types of considerations you should expect when applying for Life Insurance.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Thomas on 25th January 2023
“Super attentive, offering great advice and great communication. Highly recommend!” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you