Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Nigeria may be available at normal terms if you are planning on a short-term trip. In the insurance world that typically means a holiday of less than 30 days or business trip of less than a week.
Our advisers will check what options you can for life insurance by asking you:
- When are you travelling to Nigeria?
- Are you going for work, to visit family of a holiday?
- How long will you be in Nigeria for?
Where travel to Nigeria involves multiple trips per year and/or stays of 30 days or more, it’s possible that some insurers will offer life insurance at non-standard terms or decline the cover. The insurer will be particularly interested in the reason for your visit and your precise destination in the country.
Our advisers will find the right life insurance policy for you and your travel.
Some insurers might ask you to have a Hepatitis and HIV test before they accept your application in full, if you have travelled to Nigeria significantly in the past few years.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to Nigeria will be looked at in a similar way to life insurance. If you trip is a short holidays you may be able to secure cover at normal terms.
Insurers regularly change their stance on the risks presented by travel to different countries and the terms that you are offered will be reflective of Nigeria’s risk rating at the time of application.
Where you visit the country regularly and/or reside in the country for more than 30 days at a time the insurer may offer critical illness cover at non-standard terms, some might even decline you application.
Our advisers are here to search the insurance market and find the right critical illness policy for you.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
If you are travelling to Nigeria income protection may be available at normal terms, depending upon the purpose of your stay and the time that you will spend in the country.
The insurer will be particularly interested if you are travelling to Nigeria on work related business. If you intend to be in the country for more than 30 days, or are planning multiple trips within the next year it is possible that the insurer will offer cover at a higher premium or decline your application for income protection.
Our advisers will find the right income protection policy for you, to give you financial security.
Nigeria is located on the western coast of Africa. It is most populated country in Africa with a richly diverse environment.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations, military deployment
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Abuja, Lagos
- Nigeria is known for its export of cacao, chocolate lovers rejoice!
- If you feel like having a bit of a twerk in Lagos’ vibrant nightlife, be prepared to shake your yansh.
- Make sure to try the traditional dish of suya while you are there.
If you are travelling to Nigeria due to your occupation as an offshore worker you may find it useful to look out our occupations section here.
Also, feel free to browse our guides and infographics as to how your occupation can affect your insurance applications.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by James on 15th September 2017
“I have unusual circumstances. While some other agents may have come up with the solution it was the efficiency of Cura's operation that impressed me.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you