Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Libya sometimes needs to be placed with a specialist insurer.
Our advisers are here to find out if this is the case for you and will ask you:
- When are you travelling to Libya?
- Are you travelling to Libya for a holiday, to visit family or to work?
- When will you be travelling to Libya?
With some insurers you will find life insurance isn’t available with your travel to Libya. The important thing is that this is some insurers, not all.
You might find that you can get life insurance at normal terms with the right insurer. Our advisers are here to make sure that your life insurance policy is placed with the best insurer for you.
The insurer that you approach will want to know how long you intend to stay in Libya, how many times you plan to travel there in the next year and the purpose of your stay. It could be that some insurers will decline your life insurance application which is why speaking with an adviser like us, who can do all the chasing around and research for you, is key to getting you the life insurance that you need.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to Libya will most likely need to be placed with a specialist insurer who may be able to offer terms of cover, but this is not guaranteed.
When you place your application for critical illness cover you will need to detail the reason for your travel, how long you will be in Libya for and how often you intend to visit the country in the next year.
Your application will be assessed on an individual basis based upon these details and other standard considerations for insurance e.g. health, occupation, hobbies. You may find that the insurer will not offer you a critical illness policy until your travel to Libya has ended.
Our advisers will help you to see what options for critical illness cover match your travel to Libya.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
For people travelling to Libya income protection may not be easy to arrange and it could be that we need to play your application with a specialist insurer for your needs.
The insurance provider you use will be particularly interested in whether your journey is in relation to your occupation. They will want to know the amount of time you intend to spend in Libya, how often you plan to visit the country for and will you continue to pay tax in the UK.
Your income protection application will be viewed on a case by case basis. There is the potential that you will be declined income protection cover whilst you travel to Libya. Our advisers are here to help find the right policy to help protect your income and give you financial security.
Libya is a country in North Africa, within the Sahara desert. Most of the population lives near the coastline and it is home to a number of natural resources, positioning it as a key location for the offshore energy industry.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Tripoli, Benghazi, Sahara desert
- Libya is considered to be one of the richest African countries.
- Home to the Sahara desert, an arid region that contains a range of animal species including the desert hedgehog, Barbary sheet, barn owls, ostriches, crocodiles and skinks.
To support this we have also created guides and infographics to provide some additional information regarding consideration for insurance when you are an offshore worker.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Stuart on 1st April 2022
“Professional, efficient, entire process was handled well, details explained clearly.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you