Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance for those travelling to Libya will need to be placed with a specialist insurer. Terms of cover cannot be indicated due to the degree of unrest in the country and each case will be assessed on an individual basis. It is possible that the insurer may decline your application for Life Insurance whilst you travel to Libya. The insurer that you approach will want to know how long you intend to stay in Libya, how many times you plan to travel there in the next year and the purpose of your stay.
For offshore workers travelling to Libya on work related business, we have a dedicated occupation page that you will find useful here.
To support this we have also created guides and infographics to provide some additional information regarding consideration for insurance when you are an offshore worker.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical Illness Cover for people travelling to Libya will also need to be placed with a specialist insurer who may be able to offer terms of cover, but this is not guaranteed. When you place your application for Critical Illness Cover you will need to detail the reason for your travel, how long you will be in Libya for and how often you intend to visit the country in the next year. Your application will be assessed on an individual basis based upon these details and other standard considerations for insurance e.g. health, occupation, hobbies. You may find that the insurer will not offer you a Critical Illness policy until your travel to Libya has ended.
For those travelling to Libya Income Protection may not be easy to arrange and you will need to approach a specialist insurer for your needs. The insurance provider you use will be particularly interested in whether your journey is in relation to your occupation. Again, you will need to detail the amount of time you intend to spend in Libya and how often you plan to visit the country. Your Income Protection application will be viewed on a case by case basis so it is not possible to provide indicative terms of cover in this instance. There is the potential that you will be declined Income Protection cover whilst you travel to Libya.
Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
Popular Locations: Tripoli, Benghazi, Sahara desert
- Libya is considered to be one of the richest African countries.
- Home to the Sahara desert, an arid region that contains a range of animal species including the desert hedgehog, Barbary sheet, barn owls, ostriches, crocodiles and skinks.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!