Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
When you travel to India, life insurance applications are often accepted at standard terms as the country is currently considered to be of low risk to insurers.
To make sure this is the case for you our advisers will ask you:
- When are you travelling to India?
- Are you going to India for holiday or to work?
- How long will you be staying in India?
When you are visiting India for a short period of time such as for a holiday or to visit family your application should be accepted at standard rates.
If you are planning to stay in India for more than 30 days of time, you might find that some insurers will ask more details about your application. This could be the exact places that you plan to visit and if you are working what you will actually be doing there.
Our advisers are here to find the right insurer for your life insurance policy, that will be fine with your travel.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
When you apply for critical illness cover travel to India should have no strong bearing upon the acceptance of your policy. It is likely that your policy will be accepted at standard terms.
As with life insurance if you spend an extended period of time in India, critical illness cover applications may need to be placed with specific insurers that won’t mind your travel.
Our advisers will listen to what you need and find the right critical illness policy for you.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
When applying for income protection insurance upcoming travel to India will need to be disclosed whether it’s for business or a holiday.
A holiday to India should have little impact upon your income protection application, with most people able to get standard terms.
If you plan on spending long periods of time in India it will be important to check that your residency doesn’t affect your eligibility for the policy.
Our advisers will talk to you about your travel arrangements and make sure that your income protection policy is right for you.
Do you plan on traveling to India? We have teamed up with a specialist travel insurance broker that can provide you with comprehensive travel insurance to most countries. Make sure that you have the correct cover in place for your needs, by requesting a no obligation quotation here.
India is a country in South Asia that is a popular destination due to it’s vibrant culture, beautiful environment and diversity of wildlife.
- Primary Concerns: Duration of stay, location, terrorism
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations: Delhi, Mumbai, Goa, Agra (Taj Mahal), Jaipur, Hyderabad
- The Kumbh Mela is a Hindu festival that takes place every 12 years. Around 60 million people take part.
- The Himalayas, formed when two continents collided and are made up of two Sanskrit words: hima meaning ‘snow’ and alaya meaning ‘abode’.
- The famous Kamasutra originated in India!
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Michael on 7th July 2022
“Alan Knowles was very approachable, efficient, knowledgeable and generous with his time.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you