Gulf of Mexico
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
There are many popular holidays destinations surrounding the Gulf of Mexico, with it’s warm climate and beautiful coastline. For many people travelling here life insurance should be available at normal terms.
To check this for you our advisers will ask:
- When are you travelling to the Gulf of Mexico?
- Are you travelling for work or for a holiday?
- How long will you be in the Gulf of Mexico?
A holiday of less than 30 days does not usually change the terms that you will be offered for life insurance. You should be offered life insurance at standard rates and this means the normal premiums.
If you are travelling to the Gulf of Mexico for work then insurers could have some extra questions for you. This is usually if your trip is over 7 days, or you are travelling here multiple times a year. At this point it’s really essential to find the right insurer for your circumstances so that you get the best life insurance for you.
Offshore workers who are based in the Gulf of Mexico will find it beneficial to read our dedicated offshore workers page.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to the Gulf of Mexico may be available at normal terms for short-term trips.
Depending upon how long you will be there, the insurer might ask you to detail the purpose of your travel, the length of time you will spend in the country and how often you plan to visit the location.
For trips over 30 consecutive days, or multiple visits in the next 12 months, it is possible that the insurer will offer critical illness cover at standard terms but this will depend on your individual circumstances.
Our advisers will check insurers for you and make sure that technical wording and your travel mix well together.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
When you apply for income protection and have plans to travel to the Gulf of Mexico the insurer will want to establish if your travel is related to your occupation.
If you are travelling for a short holiday then it’s quite likely that your income protection will be offered at normal rates.
If you are travelling for work the insurer will want to know more, especially if you are an offshore worker.
The main points the income protection provider will possibly ask you is detail how often you will be required to travel to the Gulf of Mexico and your activities whilst there.
Our advisers are to find the right income protection policy for you.
Gulf of Mexico
The Gulf of Mexico is a body of water in the south east of North America. With beautiful beaches and vibrant range of cultures it is a popular holiday destination. It is also home to offshore work with it’s stores of petroleum and natural gas.
- Primary Concerns: Environmental factors, explosions, method of travel, piracy
- Reason for Travel: Business, security operations
- Duration of Stay: Employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Cancun, Mexico; Havana, Cuba; New Orleans and Florida Keys, USA
- In New Orleans you can experience local delicacies such as turtle soup and alligator cheesecake.
- The white sand beaches of Cancun are made from crushed coral and are cool to the touch.
- In the olden days, Havana had to build defences for protection against the real Pirates of the Caribbean.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Robert on 3rd August 2022
“Excellent costumer service. Helpful, friendly and informative staff, with quick quotes and responses.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you