Gulf of Mexico
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance for those travelling to the Gulf of Mexico may be available at standard terms depending upon the reason for travel and the length of time that you will spend in the location. Offshore workers who are based in the Gulf of Mexico will find it beneficial to read our dedicated offshore workers page.
For many, your Life Insurance application will be assessed primarily upon the activities that will be required of you whilst you work in the area. We recommend that you read our guides to Life Insurance for offshore workers:
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
When you are visiting Mexico for a short period of time such as for a holiday or to visit family your application should be accepted at standard rates.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical Illness Cover for those travelling to the Gulf of Mexico may be available at normal terms for infrequent short-term trips. The insurer will ask you to detail the purpose of your travel, the length of time you will spend in the country and how often you plan to visit the location. For trips over 30 consecutive days, or multiple visits in the next 12 months, it is possible that the insurer will still offer Critical Illness Cover at standard terms however this will depend on your circumstances.
When you apply for Income Protection and have plans to travel to the Gulf of Mexico the insurer will want to establish if your travel is related to your occupation. The main points to detail are how long you will be at the location for any one set period, how often you will be required to travel to the Gulf of Mexico and your activities whilst there. Short-term visits may result in you having access to normal terms for Income Protection, longer trips may result in the insurer offering cover at special terms.
Primary Concerns: Environmental factors, explosions, method of travel, piracy
Reason for Travel: Business, security operations
Duration of Stay: Employment contract, military deployment
Popular Locations: Cancun, Mexico; Havana, Cuba; New Orleans and Florida Keys, USA
- In New Orleans you can experience local delicacies such as turtle soup and alligator cheesecake.
- The white sand beaches of Cancun are made from crushed coral and are cool to the touch.
- In the olden days, Havana had to build defences for protection against the real Pirates of the Caribbean.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you