Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance for those travelling to Colombia for work related purposes may be available at normal terms depending upon the insurer that you approach, your working duties whilst there and the amount of time that will be spent in the country. For those who visit the country for infrequent short-term trips it is possible that Life Insurance could be available at standard terms. For journeys lasting more than 30 days the insurer may apply non-standard terms to your cover. It is also possible that the insurer may ask you to undergo a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have been to the country previously, before they will fully consider your application for Life Insurance. If you are an offshore worker you may find our dedicated page for your occupation useful to read.
Offshore workers in Colombia will also find that the following infographic and guides offer a quick overview of what to expect when applying for Life Insurance.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
If you are visiting Colombia for a short period of time such as for a holiday or to visit family your application should be accepted at normal terms.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical Illness Cover for people planning to visit Colombia will be reviewed in a similar way to Life Insurance. The insurer will want to know how often you plan on travelling to the country, how long the duration of your stay will be and your purpose for travel e.g. leisure, business. Short-term trips may have little bearing on your application and you could have access to normal terms of cover. Where the trips are frequent and/or you will be staying in the country for more than 30 days at any one time, the insurance provider may decided to offer Critical Illness Cover at special terms. As with Life Insurance, if you have previously spent time in Colombia you may be asked to submit to a Hepatitis and HIV test before your application can be fully processed.
Income Protection for those travelling to Colombia may be available at standard terms depending upon the time spent in the country, how often your intend to travel there in the next 12 months and if the journey is related to your occupation. As with the insurances discussed above, Income Protection may be available at standard terms if your trips to Colombia are infrequent and are short-term. For those who regularly travel to Colombia or stay in the country for more than 30 days at a time, it is possible that the insurer will choose to offer non-standard terms. You may be asked to take a Hepatitis and HIV test by the insurer before they consider your application in full, if you have spent time in the country before.
- Primary Concerns:Civil unrest, environmental factors, Zika virus, terrorism
- Reason for Travel:Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay:Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular Locations:Bogotá, Cartagena
- The country is named after Christopher Columbus.
- Colombia has one of the most biodiverse environments in the world, they even have pink dolphins.
- Colombia is world-renowned for the quality of its coffee and emeralds.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you