Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Going on holiday or taking a business trips will typically have little bearing on your life insurance when you travel to China.
To make sure that your life insurance is placed with the best insurer for you, our advisers will ask:
- How long will you be staying in China?
- When will you be travelling to China?
- What is your reason for travelling to China?
Short term trips of less than 30 days are unlikely to cause any concern to the insurance provider that you place your life insurance application with. You are likely to get normal terms for life insurance.
For people that plan on being in China for extended periods of time, the insurer you approach may ask for more specific details about your journey.
If you are planning on travelling to China to take part in extreme sports, the insurer will want to assess the risk of your activities whilst in the country. Sports enthusiasts will find our dedicated page on diving useful to read before applying for life insurance.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Whether you are working in China or taking a vacation there, you will more than likely be offered standards terms on your critical illness cover.
Travelling to China for less than 30 days at a time will typically have little bearing on your critical illness application, with standard terms generally available. This means no exclusions or increases to the policy premium.
As with life insurance, if you plan on travelling to China to do high-risk sports it is important that you discuss this with the insurer when you apply for critical illness cover. At this stage the insurer is going to be far more concerned with the risks associated with your hobbies, rather than the trip to China. Take a look at our hazardous pastimes section to find out more.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
When you travel to China, income protection may be available at standard terms depending upon your circumstances. If your trip to China is work related, the insurer may want to know additional details such as your working tasks whilst in the country and how often you are required to travel outside of the UK for your occupation.
When setting up your income protection you should aim to arrange the policy on an own occupation basis. This will give you access to the strongest claims definition in the unfortunate event that you are unable to work due to ill health.
China is a country in East Asia and has the largest population in the world. China is almost the same size as the entirety of Europe.
- Primary Concerns: General public, environmental factors, terrorism
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular locations: Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Guangzhou, Great Wall of China
- The Gingko tree, over 200 million years old, is located in China. It is used in traditional medicine, to help improve memory and concentration.
- Fortune Cookies are not Chinese! It is said that they were invented in San Francisco in the early 20th century.
- Some parts of the Great Wall of China are held together with sticky rice.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Kate on 5th January 2023
“Very responsive and personable” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you