Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Those travelling to the Caspian coast for holiday purposes may have access to normal terms for Life Insurance, depending upon the amount of time spent in the location. For periods of over 30 days, insurers are going to want to know your exact holiday destination, which could impact upon the terms offered.
Offshore workers based in the Caspian Sea may have access to normal terms for Life Insurance, depending upon the time spent in the region and specific work tasks performed. Being based primarily offshore may be looked at more favourably, compared to spending time in the surrounding countries. If you are an offshore worker please read our dedicated offshore workers page with some more useful information here.
The following guides and infographic for offshore workers Life Insurance will also be useful for those working in the Caspian Sea.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
When you plan on travelling to to the Caspian coast for a holiday, the insurer will want to know the destination that you are travelling to before they can offer terms for Critical Illness Cover. Depending upon the location you are travelling to, Critical Illness Cover could be available at normal or special terms.
As with Life Insurance, if you work offshore is in a non-hazardous role, then we should be able to source standard terms on your Critical Illness Cover. Time spent in this area, along with your occupational duties, will be the biggest consideration for assessing cover. Some insurers may also take into account time in surrounding areas like Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan, which could affect the terms that you are offered for the cover.
A general holiday to the Caspian coast should have little bearing upon your application for Income Protection, provided that you are in the area for less than 30 days and your destination is seen as low-risk.
If you are travelling to the Caspian Sea as an offshore worker you may be able to access normal terms for Income Protection, depending upon specific work tasks and the amount of time you will spend in the area. It is possible that your Income Protection may be subject to non-standard terms (premium increase or an exclusion) if your landing destination and transport methods are perceived to be of a high-risk to the insurer.
Primary Concerns: Environmental factors
Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
Popular Locations: Baku, Azerbaijan; Tehran, Iran; Almaty, Kazakhstan; Moscow, Russia; Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- The Caspian Sea is also classed as a lake, and is entirely surrounded by Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan.
- Rivers flow into the Caspian Sea, but there is no outlet for the water to flow. Instead, the natural outflow is through evaporation.
- Wells were being dug for the area’s abundant energy resources as early as the 10th century.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you