Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
People that are travelling to the Caspian coast for a holiday can often find that they can get life insurance at normal terms.
To double check if this is available to you our advisers will ask:
- Why are you travelling to the Caspian Sea?
- How long do you plan on being there for?
- When is your trip going to start
For trips of over 30 days, some insurers could ask the exact places that you are staying, and this could alter the terms for life insurance that you are offered.
Offshore workers based in the Caspian Sea may have access to normal terms for life insurance, depending upon the time spent in the region and specific work tasks performed.
Spending the majority of your time offshore on a rig, boat, energy farm etc may be looked at more favourably, than if you spend time in the surrounding countries. If you are an offshore worker please read our dedicated offshore workers page with some more useful information here.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
When you plan on travelling to to the Caspian coast for a holiday, the insurer might want to know the destination that you are travelling to before they can offer terms for critical illness cover. Depending upon the location you are travelling to, critical illness cover could be available at normal or special terms.
As with life insurance, if you work offshore is in a non-hazardous role, then we often had a few options to get you standard terms for critical illness cover.
The amount of time spent in this area, along with your occupational duties, will be the biggest consideration for assessing cover.
Some insurers may also take into account time in surrounding areas like Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan, which could affect the terms that you are offered for the cover.
As an offshore worker some insurers might add exclusions to critical illness cover based upon your working tasks and/or the type of travel you use to get to your rig. Not all insurers do!
Our advisers are here to make sure that you get a high quality critical illness policy, that will do what you need it to do.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
A general holiday to the Caspian coast should have little bearing upon your application for income protection, provided that you are in the area for less than 30 days and your destination is seen as low-risk.
If you are travelling to the Caspian Sea as an offshore worker you may be able to access normal terms for income protection, depending upon your specific job duties and the amount of time you will spend in the area.
It is possible that your income protection may be offered at non-standard terms (premium increase or an exclusion) if your landing destination and transport methods are perceived to be of a high-risk to the insurer.
The Caspian Sea is sometimes is the world’s largest salt lake and is a location known within the fishing, shipping, petroleum and gas industry.
- Primary Concerns: Environmental factors
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular locations: Baku, Azerbaijan; Tehran, Iran; Almaty, Kazakhstan; Moscow, Russia; Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- The Caspian Sea is also classed as a lake, and is entirely surrounded by Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan.
- Rivers flow into the Caspian Sea, but there is no outlet for the water to flow. Instead, the natural outflow is through evaporation.
- Wells were being dug for the area’s abundant energy resources as early as the 10th century.
The following guides and infographic for offshore workers life insurance will also be useful for those working in the Caspian Sea.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Gillian on 12th January 2023
“Mark was fantastic about helping a company. Listened, friendly, and hard-working.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you