Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life Insurance when you travel to Canada is usually offered at normal terms for leisure and business journeys. Short term trips of less than 30 days to Canada are unlikely to cause the insurer much concern. For extended trips to Canada, it is possible that the insurer will want to know more details about the reason for your journey.
If you are an offshore worker going to Canada for work related purposes you will need to inform the insurance provider of this. If your specific job tasks are seen as hazardous then it is possible that the insurer will offer non-standard terms for Life Insurance. We recommend that you read the following guides to Life Insurance for offshore workers:
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
Please visit our dedicated offshore workers page here, if you plan on going to Canada as part of your job role.
When you are planning on travelling to Canada, you should be able to arrange Critical Illness Cover at standard rates. Whether you are visiting Canada as a tourist or for business purposes, the majority of insurers will not be bothered by journeys of less than 30 days. If you are going to Canada for more than 30 days at a time, you may find that you are asked more details about the purpose of your trip and your intended activities whilst in the country.
Offshore workers and sports enthusiasts planning on travelling to Canada, may need to place their Critical Illness applications with specific insurance providers who look upon the working tasks and hobbies favourably. High risk occupations and sports could lead the insurer to offer Critical Illness Cover at non-standard terms. Please use the links above to access specific pages that match your circumstances.
Income Protection is likely to offered at normal terms for those who plan on travelling to Canada. General leisure holidays to Canada are unlikely to have an impact upon the terms of Income Protection on offer. The insurer will be interested in whether the journey to Canada is part of your job role, and if so, you could be asked for more information regarding your specific work tasks in the country and how often you will be required to travel outside of the UK in any given year. Short-trips that do not involve high-risk work tasks, should again present little concern to the insurer.
Depending upon your specific occupational duties it is possible that offshore workers may need to be selective as to the insurer that they approach for Income Protection. Working in a hazardous environment or performing high-risk tasks could lead to the insurer offering Income Protection at special terms.
Primary Concerns: Environmental factors, terrorism
Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
Popular Locations: Vancouver, Toronto, Quebec, Montreal, Niagara Fall
- A bear cub called Winnipeg was transferred from Canada to London Zoo in 1915. A little boy called Christopher Robin Milne loved visiting “Winnipeg” or “Winnie” for short. This, of course, was the inspiration for the Winnie-the-Pooh books written by his father, A.A. Milne.
- Canada’s name came about through a misunderstanding. Jaques Cartier, a French explorer, arrived to the new world and met the local natives, who invited him back to their ‘kanata” (meaning ‘village’). The party then understood that the country was called “Kanata” or Canada.
- The brother of Canadian actor Leslie Nielsen (of Airplane and Naked Gun fame) was Deputy Prime Minister of Canada in the 1980s.
- With names like Scarborough, Pickering, York and Humber found in Canada, there is no surprise that we found our namesake Filey as well! And it has a beach!
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you