Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
When you are travelling to Bahrain life insurance applications will need to detail the length of time that you intend to stay in the country and how often you plan to visit the country in the next year.
When you get in touch with us we will ask you:
- What is your reason for travelling to Bahrain?
- When will you be traveling to Bahrain?
- Will you continue to have connections to the UK e.g. pay tax here, have your main home in the UK?
For short stays it is possible that you will be able to get life insurance at normal terms. This can depend upon the reason for your travel and it’s essential that the right insurer is chosen for you.
Some insurers might increase the policy premiums if you intend to stay in Bahrain for more than 30 days at a time. This is where our advisers stand out as we know the insurance market inside and out, and will find you the insurer that matches what you need.
Offshore workers travelling to Bahrain for their occupation should also read our dedicated occupations page here.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to Bahrain may be available at standard terms, depending upon the length of time you spend in the country and how often you intend to travel there in the next 12 months.
When you are planning a trip that is more than 30 days in duration and/or frequent visits in one year it is possible that the insurer will offer critical illness cover at non-standard terms.
A big factor in determining the critical illness cover options for you will be your residency status. We will talk you through your circumstances to make sure that the right insurer and policy type is arranged for you.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
People travelling to Bahrain may be able to get standard terms for income protection, depending upon the reasons for travel.
The insurer will want to know the reason for your travel to Bahrain, especially if this is a work-based requirement, the frequency at which you will travel to the location and your activities/duties whilst there. If you are travelling to Bahrain for a leisure holiday, you will most likely find that income protection is available to you at standard terms.
It is also common for business professionals to have access to normal terms of cover for income protection when travelling Bahrain. For people in high-risk occupations the insurer may choose to offer non-standard terms in the form of an increase to the policy premium. When you arrange income protection you should ideally secure a policy on an ‘own occupation’ basis, that gives you the strongest claim definitions on this type of policy.
Our advisers will find the right income protection policy for you.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Manama
Bahrain is a country located in the Middle East on the shores of the Persian Gulf. The country has a hot climate and is one of the host countries for the Formula 1.
- Some believe that the Garden of Eden was located in Bahrain.
- When visiting Manama be sure to take in the experience of the Manama Souq, full of nuts, spices, perfumes and sheesha bottles.
- Bahrain is made up of 33 individual islands.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
By clicking on the link(s) below you will be departing from the regulatory site of Cura Financial Services. Cura Financial Services is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site(s).
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Alex on 25th October 2022
“Fantastic Service. Excellent communication and supportive staff. I would highly recommend.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you