Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Australia is a popular holiday destination. With it’s good weather and beautiful coast, Australia has long been a go to location for people wanting to start a new life outside of the UK.
When you speak with us we are going to ask you:
- When are you travelling to Australia?
- What is your reason for travel?
- How long will you be staying in Australia for?
If you are planning a holiday to Australia it’s quite likely that you will be able to arrange life insurance at normal rates.
Whether you are going for work, a sabbatical or for a holiday to Australia, insurers will probably offer you standard terms. You might find that some insurers ask to confirm if you will still have a UK home, UK doctor and pay tax in the UK, as part of your application.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
If you are wanting life insurance in the UK when you live in Australia, you will often need to have some kind of connection to the UK. This could be a mortgage, a dependent family member and a number of other things. If you don’t have any of these things it might be that we need to look at international insurers for you.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover should not be difficult to arrange for people wanting to go to Australia. If you are considering a trip “down-under” for work or leisure and you plan to return to the UK in a short time, then quite a few insurers will offer you critical illness cover at normal terms.
If you are going to Australia for a long time it might be that your application for critical illness cover needs to be placed with an international insurer. Our advisers will find the right route for you.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Income protection could be available to you, if you are a UK resident and do not plan on staying in Australia for a long period of time.
Insurers will more than likely offer normal terms for people planning on holidaying in Australia. If you are going to be working in Australia and no longer paying UK tax, then it might be that more specialist routes are needed to get you income protection.
- Primary Concerns: Environmental factors
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract
- Popular locations: Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Alice Springs, Cairns, Brisbane
Comprising the Australian continent, Tasmania and several smaller islands, Australia is famous for many natural landmarks such as the Great Barrier Reef, Uluru and Bondi Beach. Home to national parks, rainforests, the outback and famous sights such as the Sydney Opera House, many British people choose Australia as a place to live and work either temporarily or permanently, along with approximately 650,000 of us holidaying there every year.
- Australia has the same population as New York: 20 million people.
- There are over 200 different languages and dialects spoken within Australia.
- If you were to watch all the Neighbours episodes back to back, it would take 147 days.
- The Australian coat of arms features an emu and kangaroo, both of which can only move forwards. They were chosen as a symbol of progression, signifying that the country will never go backwards.
- More than 80% of the animals found in Australia, such as the kangaroo, wombat, dingo, wallaby and koala, are unique to the continent.
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Elizabeth on 15th February 2023
“Professional, knowledgeable staff, helpful and friendly. Quick process, hassle free.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you