Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Angola may be available at normal terms.
When you speak to one of our advisers we will ask you:
- When are you travelling to Angola?
- What is the reason for your travel?
- How long will you be in Angola for?
If you are going to Angola frequently or for more than 30 days at a time, it is possible that some insurers will increase your policy premiums.
We have access to specialist policies that you do not increase your premiums due to your travel. There are some specific eligibility criteria in terms of your health when applying for this life insurance and our advisers will let you know if you can have it.
For most insurers you will need to detail the purpose of your trip and potentially the exact location that you will be visiting. It is possible that if you have been to Angola in the last few years that the insurer may ask you to take a Hepatitis and HIV test.
If you are travelling due to your occupation as an offshore worker you may find it useful to look at our occupation pages here.
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
To access these policies you sometimes need to have a UK liability which could be anything from a mortgage, to children at university. If you do not have a UK liability then we can potentially look at international cover for you.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for people travelling to Angola may be available at standard terms when the journey is for a short period. If you are going to travel to Angola frequently and/or more than 30 days at a time it is possible that the insurer may increase the policy premiums, some insurers might decline to offer you critical illness cover.
As with life insurance, it is likely that you will be asked to undergo a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have travelled to Angola in the past.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
For people travelling to Angola income protection may be available depending upon the length of time spent in the country in any given year. The insurer will want to know how often you plan to travel to the county and the length of time that will be spent there on each visit. They will want to know if you are a UK tax payer.
If you intend to travel to Angola for one short-term trip then you may find that income protection may be available at normal terms. For anything longer that this it is likely that income protection will be offered at non-standard (a price increase).
Again it is likely that you will be asked to take a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have travelled to Angola previously.
Angola is a country located in South Africa with an economy based primarily around oil export. Home to a number of national parks, Angola has a rich biodiversity and stunning landscapes.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Cabinda, Luanda, Tunda-Vala volcanic fissure, Kissama (Quiçama) park
- Angola is known for the export of crude oil, diamonds and gas.
- Angola is home to the Congo river, the deepest river in the world.
- The capital Luanda is considered to be one of the most expensive cities in the world.
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
- Life Insurance: Foreign Travel
- Travel and Insurance
By clicking on the link(s) below you will be departing from the regulatory site of Cura Financial Services. Cura Financial Services is not responsible for the accuracy of the information contained within the linked site(s).
Cura Financial Services has been rated 5 out of 5 based on 724 reviews.
Review by Masataka on 31st January 2023
“Excellent service. Annalise was very helpful and approachable. She went extra miles to help me to get a right policy.” - 5
You can read more of our reviews here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you