Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Life insurance for people travelling to Angola may be available at normal terms provided that the trip is short-term. For those going to Angola frequently or for more than 30 days at a time, it is possible that the insurer that you approach will place a premium loading to the life insurance policy.
You will need to detail the purpose of your trip to the insurer when you place your application. It is possible that if you have been to Angola in the last few years that the insurer may ask you to take a Hepatitis and HIV test.
If you are travelling due to your occupation as an offshore worker you may find it useful to look at our occupation pages here.
Also please read out quick guides and infographics to get a better idea of how insurance can work for you:
- CuraVision – The ABCs – Offshore Worker
- Life Insurance for Offshore Workers
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance – How Much Does It Cost
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance Market Changes
- Offshore Workers Life Insurance: How Much Will It Cost?
- The Offshore Workers Guide to Life Insurance
- Offshore Workers – Infographic
British citizens who have moved abroad can often still access life insurance and critical illness cover in the UK. There are specific rules that you must follow to be eligible for new life insurance and critical illness policies, and we are here to strip out the jargon and get you the cover that you need.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
Critical illness cover for those travelling to Angola may be available at standard terms when the journey is for a short period. Where travel to Angola is going to be frequent and/or more than 30 days at a time it is possible that the insurer may place a premium loading on the case or decline to offer cover. As with life insurance, it is likely that you will be asked to undergo a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have travelled to Angola in the past.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
For those travelling to Angola income protection may be available depending upon the length of time spent in the country in any given year. The insurer will want to know how often you plan to travel to the county and the length of time that will be spent there on each visit. If you intend to travel to Angola for one short-term trip then you may find that income protection may be available at normal terms, for all other travel durations and frequencies it is likely that any policy terms that you are offered will be non-standard. Again it is likely that you will be asked to take a Hepatitis and HIV test if you have travelled to Angola previously.
- Primary Concerns: Civil unrest, war zone, destination i.e. Army base, general public
- Reason for Travel: Business, leisure, military operations
- Duration of Stay: Holiday break, sabbatical, employment contract, military deployment
- Popular Locations: Cabinda, Luanda, Tunda-Vala volcanic fissure, Kissama (Quiçama) park
Angola is a country located in South Africa with an economy based primarily around oil export. Home to a number of national parks, Angola has a rich biodiversity and stunning landscapes.
- Angola is known for the export of crude oil, diamonds and gas.
- Angola is home to the Congo river, the deepest river in the world.
- The capital Luanda is considered to be one of the most expensive cities in the world.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!