Gliders & Life Insurance
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Gliding life insurance applications are generally assessed based upon the amount of hours that you take part in the sport. For those who take part in infrequent gliding per year life insurance may be available at standard rates if you approach the correct insurance provider. Where the number of hours per annum exceeds baseline guides it is likely that your policy premiums will increase in correlation to the amount of time you spend in the air.
Critical illness cover pays out a cash lump sum of money, if you are diagnosed with a medical condition that is listed in the insurer’s claims set e.g. cancer, heart attack, stroke.
If you are a qualified pilot and take occasional flights you may be able to secure normal terms with select insurers. Critical illness insurance for gliders who do frequent flights however may come with an exclusion for any health complications that you develop as a direct result of your gliding.
Income protection pays you a replacement of your monthly income, if you are unable to work due to ill health.
Gliders income protection can be arranged at standard terms if you approach the correct insurer. The availability of income protection for gliders will be determined by any injuries you have had whilst flying. Depending upon your circumstances you may need to look at a policy with gliding exclusions.
- Gliding has proven advantageous in war scenarios, allowing troops and supplies to be dropped silently to their destinations
- The longest recorded flight in a glider is 56 hours and 15 minutes
- The highest altitude reached in a glider is 50,699 feet
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!