The PPP - Gender and Income Protection
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Jo Elphick from Legal & General joins Kathryn and Roy in this episode. Legal & General have been looking at how gender influences the way that people engage with group income protection insurance. The statistics are quite interesting!
65% of women surveyed believe that income protection is relevant to them, versus only 35% of men that felt it is worthwhile
As they talk through the findings, Jo helps us to understand the way that women tend to see the value of income protection more than men, yet less women than men take up and engage with this policy type. They discuss why women traditionally tend to address health concerns early on, in contrast to their ‘invincible’ male counterparts, which means we really should be shouting from the rooftops about how group support services can help them and their immediate family.
The key takeaways:
- Some reasons for people not engaging with group income protection include not understanding what the policy is, their partner’s sorting out all the finance stuff, and fear that employers might learn too much about their health.
- Messages about group insurance support services are not often filtered to employees well, being lost amongst all the noise of employment contracts and onboarding procedures.
- Storytelling that demonstrates the benefits of engaging with group support services, is where we can show how income protection isn’t’ just about money, it’s about wellbeing too.
Next time, Matt Rann is back with Kathryn and they are chatting about skin cancer and how it can affect your insurance options. People are often surprised at how much someone having had a history of skin cancer can alter their terms.
If you want to know more about how to arrange protection insurance, take a look at Kathryn’s brand-new Protection Insurance in Practice course here.
To listen to the podcast in full click here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you