Cura Christmas Cake
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
The Perfect Ingredients to Protect Your Family
Ok, so the picture isn’t of a Christmas cake but the cakepops were far too cute not to use. Plus, there’s cake inside right?!
It wouldn’t be Christmas if we didn’t do a blog that was a little different to usual. We’ve had our Christmas video advent calendar, our 12 Days of Christmas and now we are bringing our cake to you.
When people apply for insurance they often have a specific worry that has come to mind that they are wanting to solve. Insurance is designed to give you peace of mind if things go wrong. It’s something that we pay for as a just in case but have our fingers crossed that we will never need to use.
The first thing that people usually want is life insurance, then critical illness often pops to mind and income protection often the last one that is considered. But! The likelihood of claiming on insurance is highest for income protection, then critical illness cover and then life insurance.
But, where do you start? Let’s take a look.
- £175k life insurance and critical illness cover to your retirement age
- £15k family income benefit
- 30 years of income protection of 65% of your gross income
- 2 units of a children’s cash plan
- A sprinkling of value added benefits
There are so many ways to arrange protection insurance and you might need all of the above, you might need a couple of bits, you might only need one or two. The options above are generally a good mix of life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection for a family with children.
If you are single and have no children then you most likely want to be focusing on income protection and critical illness cover.
Here’s what they all mean without jargon:
- Life insurance and critical illness cover – pays out if you die or are diagnosed with a critical illness. It’s often a good idea to have this match a mortgage liability
- Family income benefit – it says income benefit but it’s actually life insurance or critical illness cover…don’t ask…basically if you die or become critical ill it will pay your family a set income each year
- Income Protection – will pay you a monthly income if you are ill and unable to work
- Children’s Cash Plan – this type of policy pays out if your child is diagnosed with cancer, broken bones and much more
The value added benefits you might not have heard of and they are definitely the lovely sugary icing that is sprinkled on the cake at the end. These are non-contractual and really amazing. Depending upon your insurer you can get access to remote GP appointments, nutrition and exercise experts, mental health support and more.
Categories: Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover and Income Protection
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you