Cancer Survivors and Insurance
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
If you currently have or have had cancer you will need to detail this to the insurer when you apply for life insurance, critical illness cover, income protection and some private medical insurance policies.
In order for the insurer to give you an idea as to what insurances you can have, they will likely ask you the following questions:
- What type of cancer did you have, or currently have?
- When were you diagnosed with the cancer?
- What was the staging and grading of the cancer? Often in the form of numbers and letters e.g. 2b, 3a.
- Was there any spread to the lymph nodes?
- What treatment have you undertaken?
- When did the treatment end?
- Have you been left with any lasting complications?
By having all of this information to hand it is much easier for an adviser to give you a clear idea as to which insurances are available to you. If you currently have cancer you will need to speak with specialised insurers when arranging your policies.
Life insurance – widely available, depending upon the severity of the cancer and the time since the end of treatment you may need to look at specialised insurers for your cover.
Critical Illness Cover – often available, recent cancer may result in an exclusion on the policy for cancer related claims.
Income Protection Cover – generally available, recent cancer may result in an exclusion on the policy for any claims related to the type of cancer that you have.
Private Medical Insurance – generally available, the majority of plans will exclude any claim that you make that is cancer related.
- Basal-cell Carcinoma
- Bone Cancer
- Bowel Cancer
- Bowen’s Disease / Squamous carcinoma in situ of the skin
- Brain Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bronchioloalveolar carcinoma
- Carcinoma in situ of the Bladder
- Carcinoma in situ of the Breast / Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Carcinoma in situ of the Cervix
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Lung Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
If you would like to view our Advent Calendar, click here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you