How do I apply for life insurance with no medical?
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
This is a bit of a tricky question to answer. The following combination of factors could result in your application requiring a medical:
- A high sum assured on the policy being applied
- The type of policy applied for
- Your age
- Your medical history
- Your previous travel
- Your occupations
Medicals are nothing to be concerned about and whilst they may seem an inconvenience, they can be of great benefit to insurance applications. What better way for an insurer to understand the present state of your health and offer terms, than by doing a quick medical assessment. This means that the beneficiaries of the policy you take out (yourself or your kin), have the additional security that your policy has been accepted by the insurer with a clear understanding of your health. Most medicals are arranged at the insurers expense.
A medical can involve:
- A recap of your medical history
- Height and weight measurements
- Blood pressure test
- Blood test
- Exercise test
The majority of people will not need to undergo a medical in order to secure life insurance. However, it is common for insurers to ask to see a GP or Specialist report if you have, or have had, a significant medical condition.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you