The PPP - Transgender
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Matt and Kathryn chat about accessing insurance when someone is transgender. They discuss how underwriting has progressed and what more can be done to better the application process.
As with many things the insurance world has made clear growth in how it underwrites insurance applicaions for people that are transgender. It’s not yet perfect, but it’s much better than it was and we talk through how things have changed over the years.
The key takeaways:
- There are approximately 600,000 people that are transgender or non-binary within the UK.
- Transgender is not a mental health condition, but you might end up having to answer questions as if it is, in an insurance application form.
- A case study detailing life insurance and income protection for a transgender man.
Next time, I have Roy McLoughlin and Jo Elphick from Legal & General joining me. We are going to be chatting about group insurance, income protection and some research that shows the differences in how men and women approach these areas.
If you want to know more about how to arrange protection insurance, take a look at Kathryn’s brand-new Protection Insurance in Practice course here.
To listen to the podcast in full click here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you