The PPP ‘Protecting Your Mortgage'
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
In this episode Andrew Montlake is joining The PPP to chat with hosts Kathryn Knowles and Roy McLoughlin about mortgages. Specifically the need to discuss protection insurance, when a mortgage is being arranged. Andrew is also Chairman of the Association of Mortgage Intermediaries (AMI) and brings a very open mind over how mortgages and protection should mix.
Other areas of focus will be how the current explanation and marketing of protection products isn’t always the easiest for people to understand outside of this area, and how Rishi Sunak’s furlough scheme is akin to income protection and how we can use this as a positive example to explain the product.
The key takeaways:
- Statistics over how many clients believe that their mortgage broker has mentioned protection insurance.
- Some tips on when to bring the protection discussion into your advice process.
- The importance of signposting clients to protection advisers, if you are unable to spare time to do it yourself.
Next time, Matt Rann will be back hosting alongside Kathryn and they will be chatting about the latest underwriting risk, and what you can do to understand it and help your clients more.
Remember, if you are listening to this as part of your work, you can claim a CPD certificate.
To listen to the podcast in full click here.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you