The PPP - Insurance Underwriting
Request a Callback
By clicking on submit I / We give consent for you to call me / us on the number provided to discuss my / our financial requirements.
Welcome to season 4 of the podcast! In the first episode Kathryn, along with special guest, Peter Maynard from Select X, are taking a deep dive into underwriting manuals.
Peter shares his career in underwriting and explains what an underwriting manual looks like, the types of risk that they include, how underwriters use them and the role of automated underwriting.
The key takeaways:
- Automated systems are good, but you can’t beat a human underwriter!
- Underwriting manuals are technical guides of how to assess risk, but there should be some wiggle room in decisions.
- The more you know about a person’s ‘risk’, the more likely you are to get a realistic indication of insurance terms.
Next time, Roy McLoughlin is back with me for his first outing of season 4.
Get a Quote
What We Offer?
- Experienced and knowledgeable advisers
- Specialist advice with no fees to pay
- Full assistance with all of your paperwork
- Put your policy into trust at no cost
- A dedicated insurance adviser for you
Guides & News
Here’s our latest guides, musings, charity work, podcast, awards and industry updates. There’s a lot going on!